We are here to help you on your journey to discover your ideal career path. Make an appointment today to speak one-on-one with a counselor.
Have your graduated or obtained a certificate from Southwestern College? We can help you secure employment for AT LEAST 2 YEARS after graduation/obtaining certification at SWC. We work one-on-one with you to prepare you for employment (resume, cover letter, interview, and job search assistance) and to support you to develop relationships with employers in your selected field.
Students can find jobs and internship opportunities, as well as all career-related events on Handshake. You can access Handshake directly from your mySWC portal under Campus Apps.
If you'd like personalized assistance with your job search, internship search, or in preparing for employment, you can schedule an appointment with our Student Employment Specialist on Handshake by following these steps:
- Log into Handshake directly from your MySWC portal under Campus Apps.
- After clicking Handshake login and click “Career Center”.
- Click “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select the type of appointment you desire, and select a day and time that works best for you.
Using HandshakeTo get started, we invite you to register with us on Handshake or add Southwestern College if you already have an account.
Information for Students:
- Handshake is a platform that is the #1 way college students find jobs! It is available as a desktop application as well as an app for phones. On the Handshake platform, students can create their profile, search for jobs, schedule appointments with our team for guidance, and explore the resources page.
- Get Started! Log into your MySWC and select the Handshake on your campus apps. Create your profile and upload any documents to enhance your account.
Information for Employers:
- Within two to three business days our staff will respond to your registration and you will receive notification of your user status.
- You can then begin to post your opportunities (all postings are reviewed by our office and subject to approval).
Employers, thank you for your interest in hiring Southwestern College students. We offer a wide array of services and resources available to your business and organization, such as:
- Free job, internship, and volunteer opportunity postings
- Job fairs, career panels, information sessions, recruitment tabling, and other campus recruitment events
- Social media promotion
- And much more!
Posting to Job Board
If you are posting a paid opportunity, Please review the California's Pay Wage Regulations, Policies and Guidelines.
While we strongly feel it is critical to compensate students for internships, If you are posting an unpaid professional opportunity, we invite you to read the National Association of Colleges (NACE) Position Statement on U.S. Internships. This position statement is an accurate source you can use to help determine if your opportunity is appropriate for posting with us.
Chat with our staff members online through Cranium Café. For more information, feel free to drop by the department. Our dedicated student service specialists have their availability hours listed on their profile cards. If you notice that a team member's hours don't match their availability, it's probably because they're helping out another student at the moment.
(619) 421 6700 x 5247
Cesar E Chavez Student Services
Building 68, Room 68-208
900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Mondays & Tuesdays:
8:00 am to 6:30 pm
Wednesdays & Thursday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Weekends & Holidays: